Number of security breaches occurring at financial institutions in 2018.
A jointly owned Credit Union Service Organization, MBFS came to Weidenhammer with a critical need to improve the company’s IT services. MBFS had been forced to rely on one of the companies that jointly owns MBFS for its IT support, which was not optimal. As a result, there was a constant struggle to access resources in a timely and consistent manner. What’s more, MBFS lacked a reliable backup and disaster recovery system, leaving the company vulnerable and exposed and with serious security concerns. Finally, MBFS was also forced to rely too heavily on the outside organization for strategic planning and execution—a task that consistently lacked direction and poor technical execution.
No challenge is insurmountable, no matter how significant it may seem. Working with MBFS Weidenhammer was able to:
- Determine that a complete hosted and managed service would best suit this client’s needs
- Transition IT to a subscription service from a managed function
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud for protection of clients across locations as well as for administration
- Employ Cisco AMP for endpoints to continuously monitor all file behavior and monitor for cyber attacks as well as block and quarantine bad files, also offering retrospective security
- Move MBFS to Office 365 Business Essentials for greater collaboration and increased productivity
- Incorporate OneLogin for single sign-on and multi-factor authentication, providing enhanced security and convenience
- Add PC Patching to allow Weidenhammer to monitor and report on patching level as well as push patches to workstations as needed, speeding resolutions and boosting productivity
- Provide managed hosting with a dedicated firewall, dedicated switch on premise and dedicated HammerCloud servers as well as fully managed back up, restoration and monitoring.
Since the new IT system and integration has been initiated, MBFS has been able to…
- Provide a more stable and secure environment with quick and easy access to IT systems no matter where employees are located
- Enjoy rapid scaling ability with a platform where employees can quickly access the tools and services needed to be productive
- Experience completion of projects on time and on budget
- Benefit from Weidenhammer becoming part of the executive team’s budgeting and business planning process.