This position provides long-term management, direction and oversight for the Weidenhammer’s software and platform development lifecycles and activities, ensuring that releases are timely, complete, on budget and predictable. Ensuring that business plans are met, new sales objectives are attained, customers are adequately supported, customer satisfaction metrics are met, and channel partners are appropriately supported fall within the duties and responsibilities of the position. This includes overall responsibility for the identification, assessment, prioritization and planning activities for the implementation of software changes and initiatives that support strategic corporate objectives and customer needs. In addition, this role has operational oversight for the financial performance of the division to include business development, partner relationships and sales management.
- Directs software development operations through the activities of other executives, and higher level managers. Ensures that technical projects remain on schedule and within budget and ensures that projects are completed according to corporate plan. This includes defining and meeting standards of quality assurance for new and ongoing deployments as well as defining and meeting standards for throughput and time-to-market in the software development lifecycle.
- Identifies the business needs of key projects, and ensures that software development professionals meet those needs.
- Supports attainment of overall corporate goals and the goals of the business unit.
- Serves as a highly visible role with executives representing all software development activities that support the strategic objectives of the division. Ability to support the continuous growth of acquisitions and partnerships.
- Relays aspects of the software development life cycle in a way that is understandable to team members, clients and customers.
- Oversees the human resource planning, selection and allocation activities and authorizes the implementation of significant plans to support the software development department’s productivity and effectiveness. This includes responsibility for authorizing the implementation for personnel actions such as hiring, training, evaluating, rewarding, motivating and taking corrective action as necessary.
- Maintains accountability for capital and other product development resources.
- Handles and oversees administrative matters for Weidenhammer’s Education Solutions Division (ESD). This including overseeing and directing the preparation of the organization’s budgets, instituting and directing operational planning and forecasting, identifying primary division goals and key measurements, and overseeing the development of internal controls for major programs. This position works closely with the Finance group to manage the team and operations within budget. Takes action to implement cost saving strategies where available.
- Attend ASBO conferences as needed
- Coordinate the annual alio Customer Conference
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through annual surveys and action plans.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this role.
Oversight for all Education Solutions Division team members and channel partners across the United States.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, Monday-Friday, at least 40 hours per week
Moderate (10-20%) overnight travel and travel spanning 2 to 5 days to customer, client and company facilities.
- MBA or MS in Computer Science, or related field of study
- 10-15 years managing software solutions
- Prior experience within the Educational Software Industry
- Experience as a senior manager in a software products development and marketing organization
- Multiple software development and technology environments experience; vendor management, desktop support, and QA is required.
- Experience managing multiple technical departments with at least 30+ employees.
- Dynamic and engaging leader with strong communication skills that has ability to bring new ideas and carry forward that vision.
- Ability to manage multiple high level priorities
- Comfortable with both software as a science in both waterfall and agile methodology environments including multi-tenant, cloud deployed subscription software
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with project management life cycles.
- A keen awareness of trends, general direction and the regulatory environment entailed in the Education industry and the ability to consider those present and future relationships to the organization are critical.
- A preferred background includes knowledge of financial management, payroll and human resources application systems
- A high level of conceptual, analytical, planning and organizational ability is required to analyze available information and establish the strategies and tactical plans to achieve them. Incumbent must be able to make high impact decisions even at times when insufficient information is available. Strong visionary and strategic skills and abilities are required.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to perform the functions as described. Incumbents must have the ability to navigate political arenas with ease as well as persuade, influence and sell change effectively while projecting a professional image. Strong client relations, customer service/customer delivery skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing demands of a growing business is a must.
- Proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook) is required. A strong, knowledge of SQL and Oracle experience is preferred.
Notice: Successful candidates must undergo a background screening which includes a urine drug test.