Alert Logic Threat ManagerBack to Home
Advanced Network Protection, Delivered as a Service
With Alert Logic’s Threat Manager with ActiveWatch solution, you can now cost-effectively defend and protect your network against internal and external threats, no matter how fragmented your IT world has become. Threat Manager gives you the ability to:
- Identify suspicious activity in network traffic so that threats are quickly identified and handled.
- Gain insight into threats and vulnerabilities to guide your security investment and priorities.
- Meet key compliance requirements such as PCI DSS, HIPAA, GLBA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Secure cloud and virtualized infrastructure with enterprise-grade technology.
- Tap into the expertise of your 24×7 SOC and Security Research team as an extension of your internal staff.
Threat Manager is a cloud-powered vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection solution that is delivered using a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model. Threat Manager leverages Alert Logic’s patented expert system, which includes Threat Scenario Modeling, purpose-built grid computing infrastructure, and the ability to automatically aggregate and correlate anomalous behavior patterns to quickly identify threats and attacks to your network. Integrated with Threat Manager, ActiveWatch provides 24×7 monitoring and expert guidance services from Alert Logic’s state-of-the-art Security Operations Center (SOC).
Advanced Features for an Evolving Threat Landscape
With the rapid growth of online commerce, Web applications have become the primary target for cybercriminals. Malicious hackers now leverage protocol or application vulnerabilities to commit data theft, cause denial of service or deface websites. As a result, the challenge to secure and monitor internal and customer-facing websites, card processing systems and other critical infrastructure continues to grow every day.
Alert Logic Threat Manager helps customers solve these challenges by delivering unparalleled intrusion detection and visibility into critical Web-based infrastructure vulnerabilities, including the handling of Ajax and SQL injection technologies. Threat Manager also includes an optional SSL decryptor module that actively decrypts SSL traffic and enables customers to detect attacks that may be injected over encrypted SSL channels.
Alert Logic continues to maintain their PCI Security Standards Council Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) and Level 2 Audited Vendor status. Threat Manager now supports the latest PCI DSS 2.0 requirements and has been enhanced to include advanced risk reporting capabilities, including CVSS risk scoring and “audit-ready” reports for PCI-QSAs.
Detect & Defend
- Patented Threat Scenario Modeling reduces false positives and improves threat detection
- Optional SSL Decryption Module provides visibility into encrypted SSL-based intrusion traffic
- Regularly scan internal and external networks—whenever and as often as you choose
- Global threat visibility incorporates thousands of sensors into the expert system’s decision process
- Comply with a wide range of regulatory mandates (PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, etc.) with audit-ready reports
- 24×7 Security Operations Center (SOC) staffed with GIAC analysts provides around-the-clock monitoring services
Trend & Report
- Use custom reports or leverage the dozens of out-of-the box dashboards and reports to effectively track and manage security incident activity
- Easy-to-use Web console to view reports, run queries and perform drill-down analysis from any browser
- SaaS delivery model means quick deployment with minimal capital investment
- All software and appliance maintenance, upgrades and patches are included with your subscription—no hidden costs
- Integrated ActiveWatch services provides shared SOC monitoring services at a fraction of the cost
Threat Signatures and Rules
- 45,000+ IDS Signature Database; New Signatures Updated Weekly
- Rule Set Consolidated from Multiple Sources
- Alert Logic Security Research Team
- Emerging Threats
- Open Source, Third-Party Collaboration
- Real-time Signature Updates to Alert Logic Expert System
- Custom Rule Creation and Editing
Vulnerability Assessment and Intrusion Detection
- Unlimited Internal and External Scans
- Broad Scanning and Detection Visibility
- Network Infrastructure
- Server Infrastructure
- Business-Critical Applications
- Web Technologies (IPv6, Ajax, SQL Injection, etc.)
- SSL-Based Intrusion Traffic
- Signature and Activity-Based Correlation
- Patented Threat Scenario Modeling
Analysis and Reporting
- Dozens of Dashboards and Reports Available Out-of-the-Box
- Custom Reporting Capabilities
- Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS) to Assess Risks
- Audit-Ready Reports
- Single Web-Based Console for Entire Environment
- User Management and Administration
- Dashboards and Drill-down Analysis
- Report Scheduling, Creation and Review
- Scan Scheduling and Results Review
Integrated Managed Security Services
- GIAC-Certified Security Analysts and Researchers
- 24×7 State-of-the-Art Security Operations Center
- Trained Experts in Alert Logic Solutions
- Monitoring, Analysis and Expert Guidance Capabilities
- Customized Alerting and Escalation Procedures
- PCI Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV)
- PCI Level 2 Audited Vendor
- Support for Multiple Compliance Mandates
- PCI DSS 2.0, HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, CoBIT, etc.
- 6-Month Storage of All Raw IDS Event Data
- SSAE 16 Type II Verified Data Centers
- Indefinite Storage and Archival of Incident Analysis and Cases
- Rapidly Deploy and Scale as Needed, From Managed Hosted Infrastructure to the Public Cloud
- Pay-as-You-Go; Minimal Capital Expenditure
- Always Utilize Latest Software and Signature Database
- No Hidden Costs – Subscription Includes: Software and Hardware Upgrades, Maintenance and Patches
- Architected for Multi-Tenant Support
- Easily Deploy in On-Premise, Off-Premise or Hybrid Environments
Detailed Vulnerability Reports
- Detailed vulnerability and host reports are produced to provide detailed descriptions and lists of impacted hosts, risk levels and remediation tips.
Expert Security Services with ActiveWatch for Threat Manager
- The ActiveWatch team augments your existing IT team to ensure rapid detection and response to network incidents. In addition to monitoring the network traffic flows for incidents, the SOC team reviews suspicious network traffic to identify zero-day attacks that might not otherwise trigger an alert. This intelligent review and response by industry professionals not only increases the overall visibility into your network, it reduces the potential for false positive alarms and helps identify zero-day attacks that may have slipped by or gone unnoticed.
- When an incident or suspicious network activity is detected, the ActiveWatch team will conduct an analysis of the situation and notify your staff based on predetermined escalation procedures. They will work with your team to perform in-depth analysis and assessment of the incident and recommend containment and mitigation actions.
ActiveWatch also includes integrated incident and case management capabilities that allow customers to track and report on incident trends across their entire enterprise, including the services hosted outside of the internal perimeter. This capability provides an audit trail of suspicious findings and gives a historical record of the response and actions from start to finish.