The Technical Project Manager is responsible for ensuring client projects are completed on time, to expectation and within budget. You will be overseeing a wide variety of client projects from conceptual design through implementation. You will have the opportunity to network with clients, partners, and in-house team members as well as assist in forming a team of experts for each project to maximize resources and efficiency. Your problem-solving and leadership skills are important to be successful in this position.
- Manage schedule, scope, risk, and costs across the entire project lifecycle
- Develop and manage all project work plans
- Identify use cases, roles, and other business and technical requirements for each project
- Provide recommendations to clients and our management team including other professional service offerings that may be needed
- Help prioritize project deadlines and appropriately delegate tasks to Development Team
- Lead quality assurance for all work conducted by the Development Team
- Produce statements of work, estimates, and other sales related documentation
- Produce and manage client-facing documentation – status memos, meeting recaps, requirements documents, technical specifications, etc.
- Work with the sales and Marketing Team to define project requirements and technical specifications so we can accurately estimate labor charges for contracts
- Work with Creative & Development team members and our client base to develop best practices
- Assist in hiring and managing technical staff as well as contract labor to grow our team as well expand our team and capabilities during short term resource shortages and work over loads
- Background in software development and understanding of business operations and concepts
- Expert understanding of various modern software development lifecycle concepts, including Agile project management, timelines, and budget estimations for clients
- Experience with business analysis and requirements gathering
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Impeccable time-management skills
- Ability to identify and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to work well with others, manage projects and multitask
- Experience with Microsoft Office, DropBox, Microsoft Project or other Project Management tool
- Experience with Microsoft Technology Stack – .NET Framework, Visual Studio, MVC, MS SQL Server, Azure / AWS / Cloud Deployment Practices
- Strong understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and how a best practice enterprise solution should be structured
- Understanding of “NoSQL” / Document data source platforms and benefits.
- Experience with SDLC / ALM suites, including source code control systems and issue tracking systems
- Experience with automated testing tools a plus
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as IBM laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, this position can regularly require evening hours and some weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant course of study (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or other equivalent)
At least 5 years of relevant experience managing multiple projects (preferably in the web development area). PMP Certification a plus, but not required.
Notice: Successful candidates must undergo a background screening which includes a urine drug test.