The Service Desk Analyst provides timely and accurate response to all incoming incidents, requests, and alerts generated from calls and emails to the Service Desk. Analysts will record information relayed from the customer and the troubleshooting steps performed along with their corresponding results accurately in the ticketing system. The Service Desk Analyst assigns, prioritizes, and resolves incidents and requests in an efficient and concise manner. The analyst will maintain a high first-call resolution rate while exceeding performance metrics for utilization, occupancy, and ready time in queue. Manage personal queue of open tickets and continually follow up to ensure timely incident resolution and customer satisfaction. Proactively identify and take steps to resolve or eliminate recurring incident types. Participate in process improvement and knowledge documentation activity to positively impact customer satisfaction and increase operating effectiveness and efficiency.
- Respond to incoming call and e-mail queues promptly and document incidents accurately and simultaneously in to the ticketing system.
- Monitor tickets generated by Network Management Systems for critical network problems; perform first-level troubleshooting to diagnose issues, and escalate to the appropriate provider.
- Monitor and enforce system security guidelines for all clients. Create user accounts and access rights for clients when applicable.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients.
- Utilize the Knowledge Base to research, resolve, and respond to incidents and requests received via phone and e-mail in a timely manner, in accordance with incident management standards.
- Provide accurate troubleshooting and creative solutions to user problems of basic to moderately complex nature to ensure customer productivity.
- Manage the incident resolution process for all open incidents by following up with assigned support personnel and/or the affected user to ensure timely incident resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant software, hardware, systems, and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Submit accurate, innovative resolutions to internal and customer knowledge base.
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement model; strengthening skills and working on areas of opportunity.
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the Service Desk.
- Communicate problem trends and unresolved problems to other Service Desk staff and management, including escalation using the clients on call process when necessary.
- Keep an open mind, positive attitude, and contribute to team comradery.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the role.
- Interpersonal Communication
- Functional / Technical Skill
- Analysis / Problem Solving
- Decision Making
- Customer Focus
- Ability to work Independently
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Full Time / Monday-Friday / 8am-5pm
- Participate in mandatory weekly rotation of Service Desk On-Call responsibilities.
- Respond to staffing needs and overtime as requested.
College degree, technical school, or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent oral, organizational, typing, and written communication skills
- 0 - 2 years experience in a customer service environment
- Working knowledge of PC’s, operating systems, applications, networks, and hardware concepts
Notice: Successful candidates must undergo a background screening which includes a urine drug test.